Friday, May 3, 2019

Presentation Review

I thought everyone had really insightful and interesting topics. Just like with my own groups' topics, I was shocked to see how common and popular some of these things are without even being conscious of it. I think one of the most interesting things we learned about was Five Eyes.

Five Eyes grasped my attention because of its depth and oddity. The Five Eyes consist of 5 countries; the US, New Zealand, Australia, the United Kingdom, and Canada. I think its ironic that these countries are very caucasian dominated, hence the term white privilege. The Five Eyes is an intellegence sharing pact. Starting back in the World War 2, it's grown beyond communications between the UK and US to a more in depth, freakier, privacy invading organization.

5 Eyes freaks me out because whats to stop these countries from leaking information or using information in the wrong way. The ramifications of this could be detrimental, and this means that each of our privacies could be shared with those around the world, whom most of us would consider other countries to have no business in each of our personal affairs.

                            Image result for Five Eyes

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Newseum & NPR

While I took a trip to D.C. earlier this month, my club and I had the privilege to tour NPR and go to the Newseum. This trip really allowed ...